I love outdoor weddings

Take a look at the latest confection! It is definitely my favorite cake so far:

DSC02874.JPG

I’m so happy with how it turned out, especially since we were trying several new things I’d never done before: quilted fondant, sugar cala lilies, and fondant leaves. My husband made the lilies while I was finishing up the school year (by the way, Kindergarten graduation is so cute!)

DSC02866.JPG

We had a few extra lilies at the end, so we gave one to a boy there and told him he could eat it. He said it tasted a bit like a lollipop, but Sean tried one later and said it was disgusting - we’re grateful he was so polite anyway :) Now we know: sugar flowers may look great, but don’t try eating them.

DSC02864.JPG

We took one last picture of the cake and scene as we waved goodbye to our latest confection. Everything looked amazing! I wanted an outdoor wedding so bad, but I thought it would rain for sure. I’m glad this reception worked out, though!

DSC02875.JPG

Congrats, Sharlene!

0 comments: